Friday, June 23

"Skate Shop" in Sexiest Soles, coming out July 1, 2006





from "Skate Shop"
The customer had taken a seat on the bench in front of the sneaker shelves, and had kicked off his torn canvas slip on.

“I’m sorry to ask you, but can you help me get it on?” He looked down at his cast, and said, “I broke my elbow, too.”

Dave bent down on one knee, and lifted box lid. “Do you want the left one, or the right?” The customer chose, and Dave grabbed the hell of the torn shoe and pulled it from his foot. The guy’s foot smelled a little sweaty-sweet, and Dave smiled as he leaned in and finished lacing up the shoe.

“I’m sorry I don’t have a sock, but I couldn’t get it on.”

“No problem.” Dave pulled a thin white disposable sock from a tissue-style box and stretched it over his foot, trying not to make contact with hit.

“My feet got scraped, but not too bad. Don’t worry, it won’t hurt. I really appreciate it this.”

Dave reached for the guy’s foot again, holding it firmly with the heel cradled in his palm. The disposable sock was soft against his hands. He had loosened the sneakers as much as they would go, and guided the toes in, and easing the guy's heel over the hell of the shoe. When it was in, he squeezed the heel and said, “how’s that feel?”

No comments: