Monday, March 5

Steve Berman reading


On Saturday afternoon, Ray and I went to hear the lovely and talented (and Lammy-nominated!!) Steve Berman read from his novel Vintage at Giovanni's Room. It's a YA novel about a gay goth boy, coming of age in New Jersey and being seriously attracted to a ghost. The three parts Steve read were tender and spooky, smart and made piles of leaves way sexier than I'd ever thought them...

Ray finished the book last night and thumbs-upped it. I am going to sink my teeth in when I finish the China Mieville stories in Looking for Jake that Genne & James gave my for Christmas.

Steve also read his story in Love, Bourbon Street, a funny and dirty coming out exam.

Buy Vintage now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming. I'm glad your beau enjoyed the book (maybe he'll contribute a review online?).

Hug,

Steve